1.30.2005

And furthermore...

I love Dave Ramsey. I think he's an incredible and thoughtful person, even though we don't agree on religious terms. A few months back, Dave went on a tyrade concerning the "Quarter-Life Crisis". He feels that such a thing is absolutely ludicrus. And normally, I'd be tempted to agree. The problem is that I am going through a quarter-life crisis. And frankly, I'd be really hypocritical to rant against something through which I am currently going. The whole concept was introduced to me through the John Mayer song "Why Georgia". And I was reminded of the idea from a recently past FB who was reaching his middle late 20's and was having difficulty with his station in life. He should have been further along in school/job/relationships, blah blah.

Now I know how he feels.

I work in the medical field in which I am c o n s t a n t l y around those who have years of experience, education, and wisdom above me, and I'm reminded of the 3-4 years out of high school that I waited to begin my college career. I have friends who graduated high school the same year as I who are married, graduated from college, and are frighteningly happy. Yeah, so... there really is no point to this particular entry, just that the quarter-life crisis is real, but unlike a mid-life crisis, I don't think it causes one to go out and find a 20 year old coed for some shits and giggles or take up sky diving as a weekend activity. Most in our mid-twenties feel the surge of depression, but choose to use it for good in stead of evil. As in, all the more inspiration to drive harder for our goals.

Oh, and God bless america.