8.05.2005

You can tell by the way I use my walk...

I went to Wally World today to get a new ac adapter for my electric drill and ...well, while walking through the door, I couldn't help but notice that I have a strut.

Yes, a strut.

I wasn't walking- hell, I wasn't even like, walking-like-I-got-some (because frankly, if that were the case, it would be more of a bow-legged stride.)

I was strutting my shit down those aisles like I was hotter than Jesus. And it felt good. Mighty good.

God, I hope I don't get too cocky from this whole affair- but even like, before the "seven notches before royally laid" lay, I've noticed a change in my personality. Like, I have zero tolerence for bullshit now. Example: I have Cingular people calling me about some cash I owe them on a past-now-closed account. (Which, if they were smart, they would just add it to my regular monthly cell phone bill, but anyway..)

So, I actually answered the phone on one of these occasions and attempted to make arrangements to pay the bill, right? This lady on the phone is fucking scolding me like she'mahdaddy and frankly, that ain't gonna fly. I interrupt her and say, "Ma'am, if you would take my new address ((I recently moved, duh)) and send me a bill, I would be more than happy to..." she cuts me off- "Excuse me, I was talking here!" Well, the little vein in my forehead only slightly begins to bulge.

"And so was I. Lady, I don't need you to give me a lecture like I'm a damn 5 year old. Take my new address, send me a bill, and I'll send you a check."

"That's not going to work, we have sent you numerous bills and you continue to ignore ..."

"Are you one of those affirmative action special hires or something? Lady, take my address.."

"We can take your checking account information over the phone.."

"I don't give out that information over the phone because I'm not stupid- take my new address!"

"We have sent you several bills.."

"Take the new address!"

"Blah blah blah"

"Click!"

I hung up on her. I was very cordial at first, but she started seriously pissing me off. I KNOW I owe the money- I was trying to straighten it out, but she had to go off on her little guilt trip and guilt is the LAST thing I want to feel right now.

Go me.