1.31.2005

My Monday night HELLth class.

So due to scheduling conflicts with my new high powered government job (yeah, right..) I was forced to drop my day classes and replace them with the only classes available- 3 hour, one night per week classes. So, Monday is 1530 Health and Wellness. You know, that class that your high school made you take during the split semester alongside Driver's Ed? I think I could tolerate the homework (if there were any, this is a full lecture class...) I think I could even tolerate the occasional tirade about the decline of Western civilization courtesy of McDonalds. (note the key word: occasional). But I'm so sick of my professor. I admire her, don't get me wrong. I wish I could be optimistically neurotic just for one day- just to see what it's like.

I can't really pinpoint what exactly it is about her that gets me. I hope to be her someday- happily married, successful career, content with self...

But I guess what is irking me would be her tendency to feel that her path is the only path to health. Now, I realize that by this point, one would say hey- she's just teaching by the manual, the department decides what is to be taught in class. Guess what, kids? She WROTE the frickin' text book! She serves on the frickin department! All I'm saying is that to be that happy all the time CANNOT be healthy.

At all.

Did I mention the 30 minute soap box about the (delicious) Hardee's monster burger? All I'm saying is that a world where chicken strips are considered a "side dish"... well, that's the kind of world where I want to live.

God bless you, Hardee's.