2.23.2005

Sunshine on my goddamn shoulders!

So, I get pulled aside from my charge nurse last night and he thanks me for coming to night shift- he gave me a little pep talk about being AWOL sunday that ended with a huge pelvic thrust and an exclamation of "fuck em!"

I love this guy.

I get somewhat mixed signals, sometimes. He worked with my mother (who still works there) years and years ago, and I think there's this "weird" thing with working with the daughter of a co-worker you remember fondly from the past.

Something like that. I got a little praise for my essay in English 1010 today, so I'm kind of floating about that. See, that's all I need- approval from men. Who needs years of therapy to determine that?

Now I just have to worry about Bio and Health. Which suck. I skipped last week's classes on both counts, and I'm starting to worry about that. When others tell me they're worried about something, I always tell them- tomorrow the sun will rise, and life will move on. I promise, you will survive this.

But I have such a huge problem living by that myself, you know? I had a breakdown on the phone with Big yesterday, about how stressed I am, and the job, and the classes, and he was so sweet and understanding about these non-I'm-in-love-with-you issues... it didn't help my interpersonal situation at all.

I called Aiden today and left him the following message:

"This is just a reminder, Aiden. I don't bite unless you ask me to."

I don't think I'll hear from him again. It has been uhhhh.... several days. I'm not mad at him, he's just frustrating. He says he wants to try and work out some of his chick issues and..hey- I'm a chick, and I'm willing to hold his hand and walk him through some of this, the most important thing being that if you're interested in a girl you're supposed to fucking act like it!

Fucking men.

PS- I'm horrible and taking my cats to a shelter this weekend. At least someone there will remember to feed them!!! Again- anyone in the Murfreesboro area want to take in two adorable cats...They're fixed and have all of the shots and stuff..PLUS- I'm throwin' in a free Littermaid!!! For Christ's sake!